Become a qualified reformer pilates instructor with the best in the
This course teaches you the science and the art of instructing Pilates. Become a Pilates professional who is able to design and lead the STOTT PILATES® Reformer repertoire and work in many types of settings and with a wide range of clients. You will leave with a solid foundation and required skills to develop effective and motivating Pilates Reformer programs. You’ll be taught by experienced Instructor Trainers who can mentor you on your education path.
This course will cover
- The What, How & Why of STOTT Pilates® Principles and how to apply them to all exercises.
- Essential, Intermediate & Power workouts
- Effective use of the reformer to enhance torso stability and strength, peripheral extremity conditioning, joint stability, flexibility, balance and coordination
- A complete breakdown, including goals, muscular emphasis and movement sequencing of 139 essential and intermediate Reformer exercises
- Modifications to address specific alignment issues and individual needs.
- How to safely set up the Reformer for each exercise & adjust resistance effectively in a variety of exercises
- Static Postural Analysis and assessment to aid in programme creation.
- Exercise layering related to effective programme design.
- Workout composition for personal and group training.
- Effective communication, observational skills, vertebral cues and imagery for performance enhancement and client motivation.
What you will need to complete
- The Intensive Reformer Course – 50 hours in total.
- Minimum of 10 hours of observation (Observing a STOTT Pilates® instructor teaching a session – these can be done at Runway Pilates studios).
- Minimum of 40 hours of physical review (attending STOTT Pilates® classes or private sessions)
- Minimum of 25 hours of practice teaching (by teaching friends, family and fellow students, opportunities available at Runway Pilates).
How to gain your STOTT PILATES® Reformer Instructor (Level 1) qualification:
- Practical exam – the Reformer exam takes the form of a one hour practical
- Theory exam (majority multiple choice).
- Portfolio of evidence (25 hours practice teaching, 40 hours of physical review & 10 hours of Observation).
- Exam costs £250
Please note: The examination must be taken within 6 months of completion of your last STOTT Pilates® course.
- A basic knowledge of anatomy & physiology (If you do not have any anatomy & physiology training you can take an online course prior to your STOTT Pilates® course. Email for more details).
- Gym or studio instructor, yoga teacher, sports therapist, physiotherapist or a dancer. Alternatively, functional Anatomy background.
- At least 30 hours Reformer Pilates classes or private sessions.
- Teaching experience is recommended but not essential
Upcoming Course Dates
19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd
27th, 28th, 29th
- Course: £1,649
- Required Course Material: £267.50 (2 Reformer Manuals, Support Manual, Digital Training Materials)
- Total: £1,916.50
How to join the course
Step 1: Download the COURSE APPLICATION FORM
Step 2: Once completed, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 3: Once confirmed, you will be sent bank details to transfer payment to secure your space. If you need a payment plan – please contact us to arrange.
Location: 35 Dale Street, Manchester, M1 2HF.
We are located a 5 minute walk from Piccadilly Station in the centre of Manchester.
Applications are OPEN! Limited Spaces Available (Maximum of 12 available)
To book or if you require more information please email us at email@example.com